Our Group Play Sessions
Plenty of opportunities for your child to meet other children through our Play Sessions, programmed by our qualified Play Session Coordinator.
Play Session provides a variety of stimulating programmed activities and experiences in a beautiful environment at our premises at 14 Fitzgerald Street, Bundaberg and is open to our Educators to attend with children in their care.
Both the indoor and outdoor play areas have been purpose built to enrich children’s learning. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Sand play in a beautiful inviting space protected by large overhead shade
- Water play activities
- Sensory / messy experiences
- Dramatic play, blocks, puzzles, reading hut, drawing/writing, collage etc
- A wide range of open-ended craft
- Group activity time which includes storytelling, music and dancing
- Guest speakers such as Mal the Dentist, Bundaberg Council Recycling Centre, BRAG (Bundaberg Regional Art Gallery) etc
- Various low cost children’s shows throughout the year eg. Kathy Possum, Scarecrow and Friends, African Drumming
- Exciting excursions to local attractions such as Tinaberries Strawberry Farm, Bundaberg Airport, Botanic Gardens, Fire Station etc.
Play Session currently operates every Monday and Tuesday from 9-11am (school terms).
All Educators are encouraged to attend Play Session so that the children they care for can experience being part of a larger group which provides opportunities to develop greater socialisation and interaction with other children and adults. Educators also have an opportunity to network with each other and to further develop their skills and knowledge.